- In 1995 the version 1.0 was introduced and its called “Personal Homepage Tools “
- The version of 2.0 was introduced in 1997: “Officially called “php/FI 2.0“.
- The version 3.0 was introduced in 1998: “Development moves from one person to multiple developers”.
- Version 4.0 was introduced in 2000: Added more advanced two-stage parse / execute tag – parsing system called the “Zend Engine“.
- Version 4.1 was introduced in 2002: Introduces “Super Globals” ($_GET, $_POST, $_SESSION, etc.)
- The version of 5.0 was introduced in 2004: Zend Engine 2 (oops) with a new object model.
- Version 5.1 was introduced in 2005: Performance improvements with introduction of compiler variable in re-engineered PHP Engine.
- The version of 7.0 was introduced in 2015: Zend Engine 3 (performance improvements) and 64-bit integer support on windows.
- Version 7.4 was introduced in 2019: Typed properties 2.0, object serialization mechanism.
- The version 8.0 was introduced in 2020: Just In Time Compilation (JIT), arrays starting with a negative index.
What is PHP ?
- PHP is stands for “Hypertext Preproccessor”.
- It is free to download and use.
- This is open source scripting language.
What is PHP File ?
- This code are executed on the server, and the result in returned to the browser as plain HTML.
- This files leave extension “.php”.
What can PHP do ?
It can generate Dynamic page unsent , It can create, read, write, delete and close file on the server, It can add, delete, modify data in your database, It is used to control user-access and also It can encrypt data.
Why PHP Needed ?
- It runs on various platform (windows, linux, unix, macos, etc.,)
- This is compatible with all servers like Apache, IIS, etc.,
- It is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.
- It supports a wide range database.?
<title> type anything as your wish </title>
<h1> This is the header </h1>
<p> type anything related to header </p>
button is = btn1 oneclick =”my data ()”> click it </button>
echo “sample php code”;