Introduction To English Grammar
Grammar is main part of English. Its not a knowledge its just a language so learn English and try to develop your skill for your future communications.
Parts Of Speech In English
The following are the parts of speech in English :
Verb describes an actions or Experience.
Eg: Run, Walk, Push, Eat etc.
- Sophie ran to school because she was late.
- John loves to bake cookies.
Noun is the name of a person, place, things (or) ideas.
Eg: House, Teachers, Cup, Shop etc.
- My sister is a very nice person.
- Hema is going to go on holiday to London.
Adjective describes a verb or an adverb.
The adverb tell us how often, how, where or when.
Eg: slowly, yesterday, always etc.
- Thiya is always late for school.
- Last night I slept really well.
4. Pro noun
Pro noun is used to replace a name of a person, place, thing or idea in a sentence.
Eg: I, she, our, they, it etc.
- Rosy is a very nice friend. She always helps me with my work.
- You can visit the shopping centre at one o’ clock.
Express strong emotion and is often followed by an exclamation mark.
Eg: Wow! oh! yahoo! etc
- Wow! The view is amazing.
- Hey! I haven’t seen you in a long time
Conjections are used to Connect words, phrases (or) clauses in a sentence.
Eg: And, But, Although, Or etc.
- I like to watch the television and eat popcorn.
- My friend is very loud, whereas I am very quit.
Prepositions describe the place, time or directional. It is used before a noun or pronoun.
Eg: Under, above, in, during etc
- The lion jumped over the box.
- Get into the car quickly before we are late to school.